Breaking News

Oasis In Lonely Hearts Club







































Noel and Liam Gallagher have been celebrating another Macca birthday of sorts — the 40th anniversary of The Beatles' legendary album Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Oasis have joined a project to re-record the album using original equipment and techniques in the famous Abbey Road studio for a Radio 2 show.

They chose the track Within You Without You.

Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight and Travis are among other top names who have recorded tracks, and there is a duet by Pete Doherty and Carl Barat. Noel said: “It’s a special album for me because I was born on May 29 (1967) and it came out on June 1.

“So when I was being born in St Mary’s Manchester it was being played on hospital radio.”

Noel couldn’t make it to Paul’s “secret” gig last week as he’s “confined to barracks” with pregnant missus Sara MacDonald.

He said: “I bumped into Paul that day in Selfridges. I was in the menswear department and I heard someone say quite loud ‘watch him, shoplifter’. I looked round and it was McCartney. I hadn’t seen him for a while and we had a chat.

“I was gutted about missing the gig but when your missus is pregnant, it’s like you’re pregnant, so I didn’t go out.”

Meanwhile, Babyshambles star Pete revealed how he persuaded his old bandmate Carl to join him in a cover of A Day In The Life.

It is the first time they’ve been in the studio together since they recorded the last Libertines album in 2004. Pete said: "I heard about it and thought this would be a great thing to do with Carl, so I called him up and left a message, so at least I could say I called him - you know, let bygones, auld lang syne and everything.

"He never called me back, but then he did and he thought it was a great idea, so here we are.

"I think A Day In The Life is the best song on the album.

"Sgt Pepper is one of my favorite albums in the mists of all the trite commercial pap and soulless generic crap some things strike you down dead when you first hear it and this album is one of those things.

"It just sucked me in and I decided I wanted to be in The Beatles."

Carl added: "I listened to it first when I was nine and I stole my dad’s cassette and listened to it over and over. I just listened to it incessantly

"We're just working out how to do the John and Paul bits."

The 40th Anniversary show is on Radio 2 tonight at 8pm. It also features The Zutons, Stereophonics and Jamie Cullum.

The first part of the show aired earlier this month.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments