Breaking News

Kaiser Chiefs On Oasis












Ricky Wilson and Nick Hodgson from the Kaiser Chiefs played down recent comments made by Noel Gallagher on the Chris Moyles breakfast show describing them as "The Monkees going under a different name".

Speaking on the Chris Moyles show this morning "I think he's really clever because every interview I've done in the last week has mentioned Oasis," Ricky said.

"So I'm answering questions about their new record and he ends up in everybody's interviews. He is a publicity machine."

Nick added: "When I've seen him we've always had a good time. We saw him one time in Australia and had a good time. What a lovely man."

The Kaiser Chiefs drummer also said he once dressed up as Liam Gallagher when he was presenting the now defunct Channel 4 music progamme Popworld.

"I once remember Liam Gallagher apologising to us when we played on Top Of The Pops," Nick explained.

"It was the first time we ever did it and we were a bit nervous of Liam because he'd been slagging us off. But then we'd been presenting Popworld and I dressed up as Liam Gallagher and did an impression of him.

"He comes up to me and goes; 'So yeah right the reason I said stuff about you was because I saw you on that programme doing me and I was just about to put my biscuit in my tea and I left it in for too long and it ruined my biscuit'.

"I ruined his biscuit so he started slagging us off. That's alright isn't it?"

The pair also said they refuse to slate other bands because they always end up meeting them at some point.

Nick added: "The big problem is when you slag people off, which we used to do a lot in the old days, you always end up meeting them and it's always embarrassing."

Source: www.bbc.co.uk

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards.

No comments