Breaking News

Liam Gallagher's Mouth Roars Once More















He's still crazy after all these years. Older, at 35, and perhaps a little wiser, Oasis' Liam Gallagher remains very much the uppity Manchester lad with a tree-sized chip on his shoulder.

It has been exactly 14 years since Oasis barged onto the charts with its smash debut, Definitely Maybe, on Aug. 30, 1994, leading the charge for the genre known as Britpop. Oasis returned in 1996 with (What's the Story) Morning Glory? Those first two albums took the top two spots in a recent poll by Q Magazine and HMV to determine the top 50 British albums of all time (with two other Oasis albums landing in the top 25). The band has sold more than 50 million albums over the course of its career.

On Oct. 6, Oasis will release its seventh studio album, Dig Out Your Soul, leading one to wonder if the group has finally turned the page on the media-saturated roller-coaster ride of fights, expletives, drink and drug-fuelled tirades that have made it one of the most notorious British bands of the last two decades.

And after a recent conversation with singer Liam Gallagher, half of the band's battling brothers alongside songwriter Noel, it seems loudmouth Liam is still living up to his nickname. This should whet your appetite for tonight's Saddledome gig:

- On his ego: "People think we're loudmouths. We probably are loudmouths. A lot of Mancunians are very self-confident."

- On songwriting: "I don't know what any of my songs are about. I don't sit down to write about anything. They're about whatever you want. I don't pick subjects, I just start."

- On his relationship with brother Noel: "We do hang out, we're just not buddy-buddies. We're not little (naughty word removed) nerds. We're men. We don't go to the pictures. We'll have a beer, but we don't sit together eating popcorn.

"There are things I don't like about him, and things he doesn't like about me. He wants to be me. I don't want to be him."

- On his new (somewhat) clean living lifestyle: "I was just bored of drinking and going to pubs and clubs. I'd rather hang with the kids and the missus."

- On new bands: "No one's writing big songs, classics. It's fast-food music. I'm glad the Verve got back together. And Kasabian is all right. Otherwise I'm not interested."

- On Oasis' future: "I love being in this band. There are loads of people in bands, and loads who don't love it. I love it.

"If the Stones and Neil Young are still out doing it, I don't see why we shouldn't."

Source: www.canada.com

Click here to vote for us at the BT Music Awards.

No comments