Breaking News

Rock Band Oasis Turned Away From Darwen Pub




















Rock group Oasis were turned away from a Darwen hotel and restaurant - because staff mistook them for “four scruffy lads”.

The Manchester band, whose hits include Wonderwall and Don’t Look Back in Anger, turned up at the Whitehall Hotel in Park Road.

Noel Gallagher announced his decision to quit the band on Friday, but he can be seen before the breakdown with his brother Liam and other members Andy Bell and Gem Archer on CCTV footage asking a waitress for the bar and restaurant to be opened.

Manager Nick Parker said: “They walked into reception and were seen by one of the young waitresses who didn’t know who they were.

“They asked if the restaurant was open and she said no because we were having a wedding on, so they asked if the bar was open, and she said no for the same reason.

“Then they asked if the bar could be opened, so she came and asked me.

“She said that there were four scuffy lads in reception asking for the bar to be opened, so I told her I would sort it out.

“By the time I got down there, Liam was coming out of the toilet and the others were getting into a limo-type van parked outside.

“I said “you ok?” to Liam but he just grunted at me.

“I followed him out and said to them all that I would open the bar for them, but they didn’t even answer me and drove off.”

Mr Parker said the incident happened on 1.30pm on Saturday, August 22. That evening the band played at the V festival in Staffordshire.

Source: www.thisislancashire.co.uk

More pictures of the band leaving Paris can be found by clicking here.

No comments