Breaking News

Beady Eye Documentary Videos

2 comments

stopcryingyourheartout.com said...

The Belgian magazine "Humo" has an interview with Beady Eye in their newest issue, but they also have put online 5 clips of the docu about Beady Eye!

stopcryingyourheartout.com said...

Thanks to Icebreath

Small part of the interview below, good training for my English translation skills ;-)

Oasis: what kind of ridiculous name is that?

Next week “Different Gear, Still Speeding”, the debut album of Beady Eye, will go on sale. Beady who? Yet another new British band shouldn’t really be a big issue, but it is when their frontman is Liam Gallagher. In fact, Beady Eye is nothing but Oasis minus Noel Gallagher.
Excerpt from the interview:

Humo: You’re happily married with Nicole Appleton, who was once a singer with All Saints. Can you describe us one scene from “The Gallaghers”, which will show us a Liam like we’ve never seen before?

Liam: The missus and me always watch some stupid television show “Family Fortunes”. She always guesses everything correctly, and I’m always wrong. I go jogging every morning. I call my mother at least one time a day. And I love my kids. I take them to school every day. Every day!
Fuck, I’m always a normal person, it surprises me!

Humo: You all have kids. What does a musician, who hasn’t studied for itself, wasted a lot of time and was addicted to alcohol and other drugs to a kid that doesn’t want to make its homework?

Liam: I tell my kids that there are millions of other who did the same thing as me, but aren’t Liam Gallagher. Or even worse: who aren’t around anymore at all. Someone who died of an overdoses can’t repeat it. (dryly) Because he’s dead.

Gem: Never give up. Don’t ask too much, or else they’ll choose someone else. And wing it – because you’ll competitors will do the same. That’s the advice I give to my son.
Liam: I'm fookin' completely winging it, mate. In all formats! (laughter)

Andy: And work hard. Because everybody seems to forget that. I think I’ve worked at least 3 times as much as, let’s say, an accountant. My moto is: “be good to rock 'n' roll, and rock 'n' roll will be good to you.”

Gem: (dryly) You know where that quote is from? It’s from Phil Spector. Yeah man, he’s come far. How long has he been in jail? 94 years or so?