Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On His Strangest Fan Experience And More













Noel Gallagher the time he returned home to find a fan sitting in his kitchen in Buckinghamshire.

The songwriter was asked by the current issue of the NME what's the strangest fan experience you've ever had?

Gallagher said "I remember getting home one afternoon when I'd moved out of London. I'd moved from Supernova Heights in north London out into the countryside in Buckinghamshire. And I'd been out one afternoon and come back and there was a bit of commotion in the kitchen. There was a guy sat at the kitchen table who had just broke into my house. Just a guy. And this is just after George Harrison got stabbed and all. He'd travelled all this way, and he'd heard I recently moved there so he was just in there waiting for me, like it was the most normal thing in the world. I was with a friend of mine who happened to be a black dude, so we sat around the kitchen table, made him a cup of tea and kept him talking while my missus went to call the police. Now, where I lived was on a country lane and the police couldn't find the house, so I went down to the gate to let them in and said, 'There's a bit of a weirdo in the kitchen -I don't know what's happened, but it's pretty fucking freaky.' And as I've gone outside the guy's tried to make a run for it, so my mate's grabbed him. Anyway, the police go up the driveway - it's about a quarter of a mile - and by the time I've got there they've got my mate in a headlock! The black guy! The other guy's just fucking stood there! And I'm like, Are you fucking kidding me?! He's me fucking mate! It's this guy here who's just broken into my house!' I was like, 'Wow! Fucking hell!' Sign of the fucking times or what?!"

During the same interview Gallagher said that he would also be interested in teaming up with his one-time foe Damon Albarn. The two rockers endured a 15-year feud after falling out at the height of Britpop in the mid-1990s - when their bands Oasis and Blur became chart rivals - but they recently put their differences aside after a chance meeting in a bar.

And Gallagher admits he'd welcome the idea of a joint project: "For a start, he's (Albarn) as mad as a box of frogs. Number two, he'd get loads of hip-hop dudes working on it (collaborative album), which itself would be f**kin mental. And number three? It would be a better record."

No comments