Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Refuses To Play At Festival At The Same Time As The Stone Roses












Noel Gallagher has revealed that he refused to play at a festival at the same time as the Stone Roses.

The singer is on tour in America when the band play their reunion shows at Heaton Park later this year.

Speaking to the MEN newspaper, Gallagher said that when he found out he'd be on the bill at an as-yet-to-be-announced summer festival with the Roses, he told organisers his set would have to be shifted so he can watch the band.

“I was billed at these festivals to headline another stage and I said, 'Well I'm not going on while the Roses are on', do you know what I mean? They've not done a gig for 100 years, what am I going to do? Play to two f*cking dogs and a cat and two stewards? Five Oasis fans shouting for Wonderwall?

"So I said I'd go on before them, and there's a bit of the promoters going: 'Oh, f*cking hell'. So I said, 'It's either that or I won't do it'. Cos I want to see them, do you know what I mean? I don't want to be the only person in England who hasn't seen them - 'I was in the same room as them... never actually got to f*cking see them'."

As previously reported on Gigwise, The Stone Roses have signed two record deals ahead of their reunion shows.

Universal Records have signed the band in the UK and worldwide, while Columbia, owned by Sony, have contracted the band in the US.

Ian Brown revealed that The Stone Roses have recorded new songs during rehearsals for their live shows.

The move is set to make the band millions, after Ian Brown, John Squire, Mani and Reni announced details of three homecoming shows at Manchester's Heaton Park in June, with further festivals appearances at V, T In The Park and Spain's Benicassim.

Source: www.gigwise.com

No comments