Breaking News

Noel Gallagher's Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere (Vol.2) Part Forty Five













From Noel Gallagher's 'Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere' tour diary.

Yes..well now then the gig in DC was OK. We ain't played for a couple of weeks so it always takes 3 or 4 gigs to get back into the groove so to speak. Our usual keyboard player (can't remember his name now) has stayed back home to help his wife have a kid, so his roadie has valiantly stepped into the breach to cover for him . . . . A bit of pain in the arse but we shall soldier on as best we can. Got a bit of a cold and all . . . with all that in mind the gig wasn't too bad. It was a good laugh anyway. Great crowd.

Bussed it overnight to the cultural centre of the middle of fucking nowhere, Columbus, Ohio. There is quite literally NOTHING going on here. Nothing to see. nothing to do. Had a gig here last night. Still not quite at full power but it was another fun night. Great crowd. They was chanting the stand-in keyboard players name by the end of the night . . . very funny (his name's Ben by the way).

Got a dirty little hangover today. Not nice, feel like a little lump of shit in fact but get on this . . . of all the people in all the world, have a guess who checked in to this hotel this morning? Go on have a guess . . . you'll never guess.................... only blimmin' Kasabian!!! What are the odds on that? Unbelievable!

Before I let you go I must tell you this story that has literally JUST happened to me. So . . . I'm just stood at some traffic lights waiting to cross the street when some guy slopes up to me . . .

"Hey man I don't mean to disrespect you”, (now that usually means you're about to be disrespected) “but you do realize you got a little 80's thing going on with your hair there?"

I was speechless.

"What do you call that style you got?"

I was without speech.

"You look like that . . . who was that muh-fucker pro-doocer who shot that bitch in the face?"

Erm..Phil Spector?

"Phil Spector! You look like Phil Spector!!"

Erm..thanks..(I don't know why I said thanks)

"Say . . . do you believe in Jesus?"

Seriously that just happened to me!!!!

I fucking love America.

ONWARDS.

GD.

Source: www.noelgallagher.com

Keep up to date with Noel's award-winning tour diary by signing up to Noel's Official Website's Inbox here.

No comments