Breaking News

Noel Gallagher's Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere (Vol.2) Part Forty Nine













From Noel Gallagher's 'Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere' tour diary.

Yes comrades . . . been a few days. Mexico was great . . . as always . . . I fucking love that place.

So . . . anyway . . . landed here in LA a few days ago. Can't remember what day it was. It was raining though . . . think it was Friday. Drove out to top old peoples home "Palm Springs" for that Coachella Festival. Nice drive. Stopped at a place that claimed that it served "world famous" milkshakes. I mean the date and banana one was a winner but . . . come on . . . I bet they ain't heard of them in Tanzania!!!

Coachella Festival goes against everything that festivals stand for in the sense that it's VERY FUCKING CLEAN. You get the sense that you’re at an entertainment facility, not a massive piss up in a field, which is essentially what most festivals are right? I mean I was body searched on the way in?!?!?!? Jesus.

The gig itself was great. Not sure whether the old Yankee-doodles liked it or not but I loved it. Played great, sang great and because we was on at 6:30 we got to legitimately wear shades onstage!!! Always a bonus. Did manage to catch Kasabian soon after in some tent or other and they fucking smashed it . . . might have been the best I've ever seen them . . . saying that, I was out of my fucking mind!! Spent the rest of the night marauding round the sight like a cross between that video "weekender" and that other video "smack my bitch up" having the time of our lives . . . there may have been some dancing in the dressing room (and if there was I do hope no-one's filmed it!) might also have bumped into an Arctic Monkey . . . then all of sudden BANG!!! I woke up back where I started . . . in my room in LA . . . 3 hours away!! What the fuck?

I very much look forward to doing it all again next Saturday.

Now I gotta go . . . I'm runnin' outta' change.

ONWARDS.

GD.

Source: www.noelgallagher.com

Keep up to date with Noel's award-winning tour diary by signing up to Noel's Official Website's Inbox here.

No comments