Breaking News

Messingham Artist's Work On Wonderwall Owned By Liam Gallagher













Some Might Say that a North Lincolnshire artist is showcasing his work on the Wonderwall of a clothing brand's flagship store.

Lee Coleman, from Messingham, has had two pieces of his work displayed in the Pretty Green store, in Carnaby Street, London, the brand owned by former Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher.

Two of Lee's pieces, Easter in Scarborough and It's All About Style, were selected as the chosen images that will hang on the walls.

It was while out on his day job, as a paramedic, that Lee came across the opportunity of displaying his work at the store.

"I went down to London with a patient about six months ago and I was sat on my dinner break literally five minutes away from the shop," he said.

"I popped in and being cheeky I said to them, look I do this artwork and I think it will tie in with what your brand is about.

"Then things went from there.

"I thought, you are never going to knock on my door, so I said they can have them, enjoy them and just see what comes of it."

The two designs are from Lee's Mr Faceless creation.

It involves drawing a large circle for a head, and letting the viewer decide what the expression would be through the surroundings this person finds themselves in.

Lee believes his work is the only artwork that is displayed in any of the brand's stores.

"Most of the images on the walls in the stores are of Liam Gallagher," he said.

"As far as I know I am the only artist to have their work in a Pretty Green store.

"The Pretty Green Label does a lot to promote bands and holds concerts in its stores but does nothing to promote artwork."

A long admirer of the Gallagher brothers' music, Lee is also a big fan of the clothing range.

"I have always like the Gallagher music through the 90s but I was always more of an armchair fan," he said.

"I do own a lot of Pretty Green clothing and in it you can see the musical influences that the Gallagher brothers have had over it.

"It is a really forward thinking brand."

The news comes at what has been a busy few months for the artist.

He has been busy preparing for his three month exhibition at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery, where he will have between 30 and 40 pictures on display.

He has also filmed a short television documentary focusing on his life in Scunthorpe, his professional career as a paramedic and his artwork.

Click here to see a picture of the artist and one of the pieces.

Source: www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds' new single 'Everybody's On The Run' is available now digitally and in stores more details can be found here.

No comments