Breaking News

Noel Gallagher's Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere (Vol.2) Part Eighty One














From Noel Gallagher's 'Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere' tour diary.

Yes comrades. How is everyone? OK? OK . . . I do tend to say this quite often I know but . . . it's been a long time since we last spoke. I don't really remember when it was to be honest. 3 weeks ago?

Fuck knows! Anyway . . . that American tour was alright. Nothing more nothing less. We came, we played, we moved on to the next one. A more uneventful tour you'd be hard pushed to find. A few things do stick out though. Gigs in Nashville and Kentucky (for some reason!). All the shows in Texas were great for me, (I do love Texas. Nice weather. Nice people). I did get mauled by some bastard mosquitoes though. I had 8 bites at one point! On my hands. Agony.

So that was that. Like I say it was "alright".

That gig at the Shepards Bush Empire was - if I'm being honest - a bit of an anti-climax. Can't really put my finger on why. It just kind of passed me by a little. Maybe I'd built it up too much in my head? Maybe everyone in the crowd had seen the show one too many times already? Dunno . . . I didn't really enjoy it. Jet lag maybe? Who knows? Not me!! We did party hard after though. It’s taken me a good 72 hours to straighten myself out again.

I would like to say a heart felt thank you to everyone who either bought the record or came to the shows and if you did both then you are a righteous person and I thank you twice as much.

I'd like to thank all my crew. I'd like to thank my band (I actually don't think - when I was choosing a line-up-to tour this record - I could've found a group of lads more readily available . . . I'm only joking!! BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH).

So . . . that's that then. I shall, for the for seeable future, be indulging my beautiful wife and wonderful kids AND that crazy football club of mine.

There now follows a massive break in transmission.

Go safe.

IN A BIG BIT.

NG

Source: www.noelgallagher.com

No comments