Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: There'll Never Be Another Oasis













Gallagher told fans on a social networking chat site that Manchester is a city that taught him not to dream.

Noel Gallagher believes Manchester will never produce another band as big as Oasis, he has told fans on a social media website.

Noel gave over a bit of his Bank Holiday weekend for an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on social networking website Reddit, and told readers he “lived in hope” that the days of great northern rock bands wasn’t over.

Answering a question from madferitNYC, Noel said: “I think that the days of a rock band explodin’ out of a council estate in the north of England and going on to connect with so many people in so many countries around the world... I think the chances of that happenin’ again are very, very slim.”

The 47-year-old - who hosted the online chat to promote his world tour and second album with Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Chasing Yesterday - also said the city he grew up in had taught him not to set goals.

“Where I came from, and the times that I grew up in, it was best not to have any ambitions. It was quite a bleak time,” he said, in answer to a question from user Gusrodlopez.

“I never had a life goal until I wrote Live Forever. And then when I wrote Live Forever, I wanted to be in the biggest band in the world.”

Noel also answered questions about his music tastes, streaming websites, his favourite foods, and whether he’d consider a duet with his cat Boots. Chuckling, he said: “Eh...Boots is an arrogant little ****... He’s been ignoring me for the last ******* five years.

“Me and Boots could never work together. There would be too many ‘artistic differences’.”

Noel’s famous sense of humour was obvious right though the virtual talk. In response to a question about his pre-show warm up routine he said, “I sing The Macarena. I do some yodelin’. And then I finish with Crazy in Love by Beyonce”.

And when one user asked if it ‘bothered him being considered a veritable sex god’, he replied, “It’s a cross I have to bear. And unfortunately... you know, it’s a long road that I will have to carry this cross down. But I could think of worse things to be”.

He credited his Irish roots for his fast wit. Asked about what he found funny, he said American TV show Seinfeld - “The greatest thing that’s ever been on television” - and “dogs in hats and sunglasses - there is NOTHING funnier than a dog in a hat”.

Source: www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments