Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Predicts Death Of CD's And Vinyls In Four Years













The former Oasis star is a big fan of purchasing music but admits he has recently starting using download services as he can no longer visit record stores without getting mobbed by fans.

His 2015 album Chasing Yesterday is the U.K.'s bestselling vinyl record of the year (15), but Noel is convinced sales will never recover from the slump caused by online trading and he is certain no one will be buying records by the end of 2019.

Asked about topping the list of vinyl sales, he tells Q magazine, "For the people who still want to buy and own music, for me to be sat at the top of that list really is great. Until you look at how many people are actually buying it and it's like a thousand albums! F**king hell, I've probably got more than a thousand sat in my office right now. But it's the streaming thing, there will be no record sales by the end of the decade, I think."

Admitting he has finally given in and started downloading music himself after years of shunning the practice, he adds, "Well, where do you buy records these days? I can't go to (music store chain) HMV. How long do you think it would take me to get out of HMV if I went in? If I go into a record store they usually turn into autograph sessions so I avoid them now. I think that's the way music is going now though, for me anyway, I'm more into tracks."

Source: www.contactmusic.com


Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments