Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Gives Updates On His New Album And Hairline













Noel Gallagher is hard at work on a follow-up to last year's Chasing Yesterday with his solo project Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. "I'm in the studio at the minute," the singer and guitarist tells Rolling Stone. "I'm in the middle of fucking about."

Gallagher has a clear goal in mind for his third High Flying Birds LP. "I'm doing some stuff that, this time in particular, will get really, properly ignored in America," he says. "I don't just mean ignored like the rest of 'em. I mean properly ignored. That's what I'm aiming for: total, total anonymity. I'm sick and tired of being in New York and being pestered by one person a month. That's gotta fucking stop."

One influence to look out for: David Bowie. Gallagher recently spoke to Rolling Stone to discuss his lifelong love of the Starman's music, which he suggests has carried over to his most recent work. "There's a line in 'In the Heat of the Morning,'" he says, referencing a Sixties-pop rarity from early in Bowie's career. "I listened to it the other day, thinking, 'Oh, I've subconsciously used that in some of my new stuff.' Amazing!" Gallagher also cites an echo of 1973's "The Jean Genie" in a track he's cooking up. "I've nicked a little bit of that," he admits. "The 'woo-hoo!' You'll hear that sooner or later in one of my tracks."

The guitarist laughs before offering a final word of wisdom. "I remain fucking totally awesome," Gallagher declares. "In 2016, I'm as awesome as I was in the back end of 2015. My hair is impeccable; it's not showing any signs of thinning, at all. I'm fuckin' thriving. Thriving!"

Source: www.rollingstone.com

No comments