Breaking News

Liam Gallagher Says He Would Rather Kick Back On The Sofa Than Party With Stars


Liam Gallagher has vowed to always shun the celebrity champagne circuit, saying: “I’ve been to them parties… you only fool me once.”

The singer, who revels in his jack-the-lad reputation, says he would rather kick back on the sofa than party with stars.

He said: “The amount of parties I’ve turned down. I turn them down constantly. It was full of k**bheads in the ­Nineties, now it’s full of k**bheads with cameras on their phones. I’d rather stay in.”

The ex- Oasis frontman says brother Noel – who celebrated his 50th in May with stars including Madonna and Bono – is “lost in a celebrity world.”

Noel is to headline the ­re­­­opening of the IS-bombed Manchester Arena next month alongside pop star Rick Astley.

Liam, 44, performing tomorrow night in Japan, said: “I’m loving singing, I’m not here for celebrity. I’ve done all that nonsense.

“I’ve seen through it. I’m just here to play some gigs, and try to turn the next rock ’n’ roll kids on to it. I’ve no time for partying with Brad Pitt.

“I’m sure he’s a nice guy and throws a great party, but I’m not interested. I want to do my gigs and try and muster up feelings for the youth to carry the torch on.

“That’s what it’s about. It’s time to build rock up from the bottom again.”

The singer added: “I don’t think I was seduced by celebrity. But I definitely like going to nice places to eat.”

Source: www.mirror.co.uk

No comments